Thursday, September 16, 2010

Half Marathon

So yesterday, Laura and I signed up for a half-marathon. We gave a lot of (read: no) thought to it beforehand, and already paid the non-refundable entry fee, so here we are. This blog will catalog the transformation of two overweight layabouts into Carl and Carla Lewis.



Wait, Carl Lewis was a sprinter, so that is hardly a good comparison. You know what? I will be Steve Prefontaine's mustache.



And Laura will be FloJo's sweet, sweet hair.



Last night was our proverbial fat tuesday before we begin the four months of training and preparation for this seemingly insurmountable task. Laura enjoyed a Kit Kat and some Mexican food from El Rico's. I partook of Dr. Pepper, a Hershey's Cookies and Cream Bar, and a Double Orange Chicken at Panda. It was good while it lasted. And by good, I mean my stomach nearly exploded. So today is the first day of training and I have already gone for one run. I ran a half mile and I dern near puked. After the run, I entered my apartment panting and quoting G.O.B.


"I've made a huge mistake."

So this is where it begins. I am jazzed about the race. We will destroy this thing. Feel free to check up on our progress throughout the coming months. Love and kisses.

Today's Mileage: .85
Total Mileage: .85

1 comment: