Saturday, September 18, 2010

Shabbat

Since my legs are sufficiently sore, and I just worked for ten hours, I am taking the day off from running; kind of an eff this ess day. When I am not actively exercising, or recovering from exercise, I have a hard time not eating crap. For example, Laura is making Macaroni and Bacon, which is Annie's brand White Cheddar macaroni and cheese with lots of bacon in it. Lots. Of. Bacon.


Side note about Kevin Bacon: In 2003, Katie Brunelle (nee Smythe) tried to get me to put my hair into a pompadour despite my firmly held convictions that blond pompadours are stupid. Side Side note:If you don't have dark hair, you shouldn't try to look like a greaser. Actually, you shouldn't ever try to look like a greaser. 1955 is gone and it's never coming back. For your viewing pleasure, I present what happens when you have a blond pomp.


Back to the original side note! So Katie tried to give me a Blond Pompadour and it made me look like Kevin Bacon. I was furious. Absolutely furious. Nobody wants to look like Kevin Bacon. Not even Eric (see previous post) wants to look like Kevin Bacon. Here's the problem. I swear she used some unholy combination of Bear Grease, epoxy, and three kinds of cement to make it stick. It took forever to get out and I basically looked like Kevin Bacon for three days. Furious.

Oh yeah, this is a blog about running.

So I did go for about 1/3 of a mile, but I was walking the whole time because I was at work and i was just circling the building, so I don't think that really counts. To add in some legitimate exercise, I did some free-weights tonight. I am tired now and trying not to eat the Macaroni and Bacon. You can guess how effective that will be. So that's all for today. Tomorrow will be the actual sabbath, so I will probably rest again. Love and kisses.

P.S. Yes, I do realize this post is titled "Shabbat" and I spent most of it talking about how much I love bacon, so don't bother pointing that out. Sorry Jews . . . and Muslims . . . and pigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment