Tuesday, October 26, 2010

And then there were two . . .

So today I was joined by the lovely laura fletcher (nee jones) on my training. She and I signed up for the marathon on the same day and since I have trained for maybe five days total, I am going to count that as my advantage and hold it over her until the day she actually beats me at the race.

We did a total of two miles and since I was trying to get back into the swing of things and laura was just starting up, we did 8 laps at the GHS track.

Lap 1: walk

Lap 2: walk

Lap 3: walk

Lap 4: RUN!

Lap 5: walk

Lap 6: walk

Lap 7: RUN!

Lap 8: cool down walk (which was exactly the same as the five other walking laps, but this makes us sound like experienced runners. Expect to see me on the cover of runner's world next month.)

Also make sure to check out my new best selling Oprah Book club novel from Penguin Classics:



The Goat Runner

heart and smooches,

Devin

P.S. Today marks five years since Laura and I met. We were introduced outside of institute, which, while kind of lame, is better than meeting her in a bar. Thanks as always to Darson K. Muchas gracias por eternidad.

1 comment: