Monday, November 1, 2010

The Ghost of Kendrick Perkins Past.

So we all remember the worst day of 2010:



These twenty-two seconds have haunted me for months, and now the haunting's come back for round two.

For you see, I hurt my knee. Laura and I have been training the last week together. Last time we ran, I felt like I had to stop after two miles, which was true because I woke up the next morning in a lot of pain and haven't been able to run since. This isn't muscle soreness, but actual pain. I am worried that this will hinder my training a bit.

Here is what I want to be:


And here is what I feel like:


"Why today? It's Christmas Day!"

Back to the knee. I was limping around and I was visited by Jacob Marley. Wait, no. I am going to continue with this NBA theme, I was visited by Dan Majerle and he told me that if I kept with my miserly (read: fatty) ways I would lose my soul (read: joints) to hell (read: osteoperosis). Maybe it was a ghostly visitation. Or maybe it was one of Scrooge's fragments of underdone potato (read: hershey bar).

No comments:

Post a Comment