Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Home Stretch

Y'all ready for this? *cue techno*, because I'm not. *stop techno*

I have been exercising this past month a decent amount, but I also ate a lot of food. A lot of food, and I feel I am less ready than I should be. Keep in mind, it was a lot of food. I have like two weeks left until D-day and I feel as confident for it as those gents piling out of the boats onto the shores of Normandy. So, I will keep practicing and keep exercising. I am finally free of injury setbacks, but I feel like my time has been decimated. I am still going to run . . . walk/run . . . walk . . . limp . . . jazzy this thing, but I am pretty certain that my pace won't be anything record setting. Unless you count slowest half marathon ever. Kind of like that scene at the beginning of Office Space where Peter is stuck in traffic and the guy with a walker is making better time than his car. Anyhow, the only prize I will get is a ribbon that reads "Participant". I'll treasure it always.

Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment