Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cast off the crutches and walk!

Brothers and Sisters! I have been healed! Last night, I was visited by a wonderful force and I have recovered! Who could do such a thing?


nope.

nope. (wait. why was there an official patch adams soundtrack?)

Sadly, no.

No, I was healed by a force known as sleep and rest. Maybe praying too. But the sleep, boy, let me tell you about the sleep! As you know, I have been in quite a bit of pain for the past week or so. I haven't been able to run at all and I have hardly been able to train in any way. Well, the rest has paid off because last night I was able to run and walk half a mile, including a few sections of wind-sprints. Then I jump-roped until my back started hurting. You see I have a touch of the arthritis and am officially old.
.
Margie, I gotta go, my stories are on.

Tonight, I was able to run a mile with a little cool-down walk at the end. My knee is actually a little tender still, which is why I didn't go longer, but still, that is markedly improved since a week ago, when I could hardly walk. Prefontaine, here I come.

Laura will tell you I have this mildly hare-brained theory that all diseases can be cured by sleeping and drinking copious amounts of water. Constipation, water. Crotch rot, sleep. Hysterical Pregnancy, water and sleep. She mocks me for it, but she is just jealous because she only gets five hours a night and can't make a boom-boom.

Finally, a word of advice. When searching for a picture of "Hello Nurse" from Animaniacs, don't type in 'sexy nurse'. Just go with hello nurse. Thought you should know.

Love and Smooches, your comrade in legs,
Devin Fletcher

No comments:

Post a Comment